Personal Data Protection
The European Union Training Mission Somalia is committed to user privacy.
The policy on “protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Community institutions” is based currently on Regulation (EC) N° 45/2001 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December 2000 (and not on the “GDPR” Regulation 2016/679 that repeals the Directive 95/46/EC). The new version of Regulation 45/2001 is currently being adopted. The legal notices on Europa will be updated in accordance with the new version.
This general policy covers the European Union’s family of institutional websites, within the eu domain.
Although you can browse through most of these websites without giving any information about yourself, in some cases, personal information is required in order to provide the services you request (newsletter sign-in or contact form for example).
Websites that require such information treat it according to the policy described in the Regulation mentioned above.
In this respect:
- A Data Protection Officer ensures that the provisions of the Regulation are applied and advises controllers on fulfilling their obligations (see art. 24 of the Regulation).
This website provides links to third party sites. Since we do not control them, we encourage you to review their privacy policies.
What is an e-service?
An e-service is a service or resource made available on the Internet in order to improve the communication between citizens and businesses on the one hand and the European Union Training Mission Somalia on the other hand.
Three types of e-services are or will be offered by EUTM Somalia:
- Information services that provide citizens, media, business, administrations and other decision makers with easy and effective access to information, thus increasing transparency and understanding of the policies and activities of the EUTM Somalia;
- Interactive communication services that allow better contacts with citizens, business, civil society and public actors thus facilitating policy consultations, and feedback mechanisms, in order to contribute to the shaping of policies, the activities and the services of the EUTM Somalia;
- Email services (newsletter, if subscribed) and contact form, if filled.
Information collected (only through newsletter signup form and contact form). We are not collecting other infos about you.
- EUTM Somalia collect ONLY the information you passed us (newsletter sign up form and contact form) and we are not collecting any other information about you. The information will not be re-used for an incompatible purpose;
- The EUTM Somalia will only disclose information to third parties if that is necessary for the fulfillment of the purpose(s) identified above and to the mentioned (categories of) recipients. The EUTM Somalia will not divulge your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
- As a data subject you also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data on legitimate compelling grounds except when it is collected in order to comply with a legal obligation, or is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or is to be used for a purpose for which you have given your unambiguous consent. Just contact us here.
- How long your data is kept. The EUTM Somalia only keeps the data for the time necessary to fulfil the purpose of collection or further processing;
- We are using all the last and state of art security measures to safeguard your information against possible misuse or unauthorised access;
- You can contact us here if you have queries or complaints.
How do we treat e-mails you send us?
EUTM Somalia website has a “Contact” form or links which activates your e-mail software and invites you to send your comments to a specific functional mailbox.
When you send such a message, your personal data is collected only to the extent necessary to reply. If the management team of the mailbox is unable to answer your question, it will forward your e-mail to another service. You will be informed, via e-mail, about which service your question has been forwarded to.
If you have any questions about the processing of your e-mail and related personal data, do not hesitate to include them in your message.